Entry #009 - The Crib

Hello, myself from the future.

As you know, I have moved into a new house. It's a Condo and I do have to say that it is pretty luxurious for the price. The neighborhood is really nice. It is mostly old people so it's very quiet too. There are only 2 rooms in this place but with the house being more than 1700sqft both the rooms are huge and so are the living room area. I guess that is the point of it being a condo. I can't say that I like this style, however, because you get no privacy around here (it's very open). 

I am glad that we did get a place to live, however. Towards the end, things were very shaky. While our old house's closing date was coming up, we still did not have any place to move in. Furthermore, I hated the idea of living in a condo/conjoined housing like our old townhouse. I would have much rather stayed in a single-family house. Because of this, I argued with my parents that we should not buy this house. In the end, I had to give in because if not for this house, I would have had to probably live in my dorm over winter break. Although now that I have lived in this house for more than a month, there is a positive to living in a condo. It is a fact that we do not have to mow the lawn or shovel the driveway. That would have been hard labor.

While I am on the topic of housing, I loved living in my dorm at college. But the thing with living with multiple other alpha males is that cleanliness is not our top priority. After a couple weeks of living there, I definitely gave up on keeping the bathroom and living room area clean. I only focused on keeping my own room clean. My room became my own room because my roommate went home about a month in thinking that he would come back soon. However, he got in trouble with the school and was not able to come back this semester. I will talk about that more in later blogs. 

The best purchase I made in college had to be my slippers. For the first few days of living in my dorm, I simply walked around barefoot. When it was time to go to bed, my feet were black. It was very disgusting. I never liked wearing slippers but anything was better than to remain barefoot there. 

Also, I do have to say that I made the right call rooming with K. I like my other two roommates but there is no way I want to room with either of them for different reasons. L likes to keep his room cold. Really cold. On top of keeping the air conditioning on at night, he also keeps his big fan on. Shit is like a wind turbine in there. I, personally, like to sleep in absolute silence. I turn off everything and even the tiniest noise heightens my senses. I also hate how cold their room is. S on the other hand is a slob. He keeps his bed and his desk extremely dirty. But that is not the part that is a dealbreaker for me. The dealbreaker is the smell. His bed smells atrocious. As soon as I step into their room, the smell makes me want to throw up. No amount of Febreze can keep that room smelling good anymore. I guess L simply got used to the smell. God bless him. 

All in all, however, I think I lucked out. For most of the semester, I had the room all to myself. In fact, I probably got more privacy there than I do here at home. It did get lonely there sometimes and overall I don't think I would mind dorming with K the entire semester. Also the food there is like a lottery. Sometimes the food is really good. Other times, I resort to eating ramen. Overall, I am looking forward to rooming with all my friends again next semester. Here we go again. 2021 will be my year. 



Comments