Entry #003 - My College housing

Hello, myself from the future.

Since many of the people from my high school are also going to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, I thought it would be a good idea to room with them. I was already going to room with my best friend K but when I discovered the existence of Private Certified housings at UIUC, I decided to explore other living options. There, I found the perfect living place called the Illini Tower. It was an apartment complex with 2 rooms, a private bathroom, a full kitchen, and a living area all for 4 people (2 in each room). To top it all off, it was cheaper than those crappy school dorms. Not needing to use the public bathroom was also a positive too. So, along with K, I grabbed two of my other close friends, L and S, and we decided to all dorm together. I will introduce all of my roommates in later blogs.

In 13 days, I will move into Illini towers. But due to the Covid-19, that place will probably be more than just a place for sleep. It will be my workspace, my living space, and all around, it will be a place where I spend most of my semester in. I don't hate the idea however. I like spending time with friends and luckily for me, I am not stuck in small dorms like the rest of the normies and instead, I actually have livings spaces. My brother stayed in regular dorms during his freshmen year and I've never seen him more depressed and hateful of other people. I took that lesson to heart. I got myself roommates that I can trust and I also got myself a dorm where I can have more privacy and liberty. 

There are some bad reviews about Illini towers however. Out of all things, the two of the most common problems are a lack of customer service and terrible food. I think I can deal with the terrible food. After all, the apartment complex comes with a full working kitchen to make our own food. Because I bought the 10 meals per week pass, it means that if I eat 2 meals per day, it will still only cover the weekdays. In the weekends I will have to make my own food. I suppose it is all part of the college experience. Nothing much I can do about the customer service though. I can only bank that due to the reviews, they improved the customer service and became a better community. I also do understand that people are more likely to leave a review for a negative experience than a positive one. I suppose I will find out in 13 days. 

Illini Tower, UIUC Housing - Campus Living Villages

Comments