Entry #001 - Introduction

Hello, myself from the future.

My name is Yong. That is the name I came up with when I was creating this blog. I took the first two letters of my first name and put it together with the last two letters of my last name. Coincidentally the name has a meaning of a South Korean Dragon. It must be fate that I came to choose this name for myself. 

I have created this blog for myself and myself only. The blog is more like a journal for me to reflect my thoughts throughout my education to become a neurosurgeon. Yes, my dream is to one day become a successful neurosurgeon. It is currently 8/4/2020 9:25 PM. In about 16 days I would have moved to my dorm (more about that later) and in 20 days I would begin my undergrad at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. 

After putting in much thought of how I wanted to record my journey, I decided to use the google integrated blogger. It would store my journal entries online so that I would not have to worry about ever losing it. Furthermore, it would also provide a place where other people may take interest in my life and perhaps eventually provide me with some positive feedback. However, as I stated before, this blog is for myself and myself only. I hope to one day look back on this blog and relive my history. I am playing the long game that I will one day become a person that I can be proud of. I believe that keeping a journal will keep me motivated while also keeping me on the right path. 

In the couple days coming up before moving in, I will introduce myself more and explain why I will achieve my goal. For now, I have decided to keep my identity semi-secret. I suppose it is because I still hold some belief that journals or diaries are stupid. Thank you for reading my very first Journal Entry #001. 



Comments